September 29, 2009

Meet The Parents


Monday blues no more. Yesterday was officially the first day of my sem break. Instead of waking up at 7am to attend Ms Chin's CR tutorial, I crawled out of bed around 12 noon. Quickly took a shower, dressed up and drove my way to Midvalley. Had an appointment with the orthodontist to get my retainer adjusted and a date with my parents. It's been a month since I last met them.

Traffic was smooth throughout the whole journey till I reached Jalan Syed Putra. Parents parked their cars along the road outside Kuan Cheng High School while waiting for their kids to finish school.


See how ridiculous the jam was. It happens everyday without fail from Monday to Friday. The school should take actions to solve the problem. It's not being considerate at all, letting innocent road users to suffer such a jam. Speaking of corporate social responsibility, eh?

Reached Midvalley in the next 20 minutes. Mum and dad were already waiting for me at the clinic. Dr Suresh greeted me cheerfully as I stepped in and announced that the gaps between my teeth have became less visible. The usage of retainer can be reduced to only night wear. So glad to hear that.

Dad reminded me not to lose my retainer again. Yeah, I lost my old ones 2 months ago. The one I'm currently wearing was the replacement, cost me RM350 for only the upper jaw. But the result is priceless.

Headed to lunch after we left the clinic. Upon dad's suggestion, we tried out a restaurant just 2 doors away from the clinic.

Name: Noodle Station
Location: 2nd floor, South Court, Midvalley


Dad loves its environment a lot. He said he felt harmony and peace. As you can see from the photos, the cooking area is in the shop and the seats are placed at the foyer. People would be deceived by its name, thinking only noodles were being served. Of course noodles is its main course on the menu. Western food are also available.

I ordered grilled chicken with brown sauce and iced peach tea to quench my thirst. Mum had her favourite Coke and a chocolate nut ice cream. Dad drank only a glass of hot jasmine tea. I was the only one eating. Mum and dad had brunch before they traveled from Nilai.

(Clockwise from top left: Grilled chicken with brown sauce, chocolate nut ice cream, hot jasmine tea, the menu, iced peach tea)

While I was busy chomping down my meal, I snapped a candid of my parents who were busy talking on the other side of the table. Gotcha! Haha...

My beloved mum & dad. Who do I look alike most?

Off to shopping at Carrefour when I finished up my food. Has been running out of daily necessities as I last shopped for groceries 2 weeks ago. Dad bought me some mooncakes as well. Thanks dad.

My parents left at 5pm to avoid the jam in the KTM. I was not ready to go back yet. So, I went to the cinema hoping to be able to buy a ticket for The Ugly Truth. Oh shit! Missed the 4.30pm session. Never mind. I bought the ticket for 7pm.

What should I do for the remaining 2 hours? For no reason, Twilight came to my mind. Uhuh... Instantly recalled I have yet to finish reading the book the night before. Went to MPH, looked for the book and dived myself into the world of vampires.

I love Twilight very much!

Worth waiting 2 hours to watch The Ugly Truth. As I'm a big fan of comedic love story, I truly enjoyed the show. Similar to The Proposal, the plot revolves around a guy and a woman who don't see things eye to eye with each other at first but love sparkles towards the end. Well, The Ugly Truth has more sense of humour and sex elements including some censored sex scenes, sex jokes and sex language. Make sure you are an audience above the age of 18. LOL...


Movies on the list:
The Ugly Truth (checked)
Gamer (still pending)
G-Force 3D (coming soon... probably be my next post *grin*)

One day of holiday gone. 6 days left!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan here, at the office.
so cant login to my blogger account XD.

you watched the movie alone? tak ajak ppl de?

Laura 梁媚霜 on September 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM said...

Yup, ALONE! Most of my frenz rather date their bf/gf. No time for me. Jon, help me get a bf. LOL...

Post a Comment

About Me

Born with a heart of sincerity & warmth. Could be merely unbearable at times.

Day & Night

Heart Talk

Followers

Search

 

Enchanted Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada