October 4, 2009

Mid Autumn Festival


Mooncakes... Mooncakes... MOONCAKES... Everywhere!

Mouth waters whenever I remind myself of the mooncakes I usually buy every year. My choices would mainly be dragon fruit, ham and nuts and not to be missed the double yolk lotus. Oh gosh. The mooncake sensation is hitting me again.

Couldn't manage to take photos of the REAL mooncakes. So, I search for them in Google. Here goes...

Snow skinned, traditionally baked, piglet-in-the-basket? You name it.

First comes first. I noticed the number of stalls selling them are practically lesser this year. Take Carrefour and Jusco for examples. I remember there used to be a long row of stalls along the corridor. Prominent manufacturers like Tai Thong, 6 Happiness, Kam Lum Tai, Oversea and Baker's Cottage would definitely stationed themselves there. But this year, I saw only 2 of them. Am I being too sensitive or what?

Some random photos I took in Midvalley

Does the economic downturn has anything to do with this? Such a big impact? I ponder... One thing certain. Family reunion dinner, preferably savoring mooncakes and playing lanterns that after while admiring the full moon would still remain as an annual sacrament. Lanterns may not be in favor for us at this age anymore. Afraid of being called childish, but I simply miss those good old days so much. ABSOLUTELY.

Close your eyes. Imagine yourself when you were younger. The simple mindset you had. Running around with your colorful lantern for hours. Meaning of tired unknown. Probably good enough to make you laugh all day. Hmm... Did you just smile while those memories flashing by your head? Isn't that something each of us wish for nowadays?

By the way, there's this Pesta Tanglung Satu Malaysia right here in Desa Setapak tonight. Seems to be a huge event. There were roadblocks at every junction near my condo as the stage was set up in the middle of the road. What bout that? Heard some Datuks dropped by for the opening ceremony. Fireworks could be heard every hour. They must have incurred a lot of money on this. Was too lazy to go down to check out the crowd. I bet the aunties and uncles in my neighborhood should be enjoying themselves watching lion dance or some chinese choir.

Last before I sign off, would like to share a video with you guys. Click on the link:
Going Home (A short film on Dementia)

A must watch. Seriously poignant documentary. Some of you might have an idea when I posted it on Facebook 2 days ago.

HAPPY MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL!

******************

Revision starts tomorrow. I HATE this part right here...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Born with a heart of sincerity & warmth. Could be merely unbearable at times.

Day & Night

Heart Talk

Followers

Search

 

Enchanted Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada