October 11, 2009

Kada-Boom


Longest BA lecture I had ever attended yesterday. 8 hours including an hour of lunch break. Hmm... Not 8 hours exactly. There were some slacking in between due to technical problems. Long story. To keep it short, I'll just sum up everything.

Basically, problems arose thanks to TARC's poor maintenance and lacked of agility even after so many rounds of complaints. The same old lame excuse would be heard all the time.

TARC is a semi-government institution. No extra funds to improve things in one shot. Don't expect too much.

Hey, it reminds me of Balogun and Hope Hailey's model. The heading sounds:

TARC takes on incremental change instead of a Big Bang. Evolution vs Revolution?

Opps... I bet problems will remain unsolved if words are not turn into action (adopted from Dr Amy =P).

So this morning, Dr Amy and another lecturer had a slight argument because of some equipment in-functionality. As a result, those innocent students as I mean us moved from one venue to another and another. Wasted quite some time and of course, irritated some of us too.

Well, that's TARC. Quality & Affordable Education!

Things finally settled down by 11am. Problems free. One hour later we had our lunch break and when we were back, surprise awaited Dr Amy. It was her birthday and we bought a cake. In substance, it was me who bought the cake. Legally, it was a share by all of us using the course fund. It's mango flavored from Baker's Cottage.


Doesn't it look appetizing? Unfortunately, we didn't get to melt it in our mouth. Couldn't take too much time. Just a quick birthday song and a "short" speech by Dr Amy. Was kinda touched when she claimed to be appreciating everything that we did for her. The whole lecture hall turned silent when she spoke and it was really overwhelming.

Thanks for sacrificing your big day to look after these bunch of "monkeys". LOL...

We dismissed around 4pm. Brought my baby Kembara to service in Sri Rampai and then, shopped for some goodies at Carrefour. Thought of getting a nap when I reached home. But I ended up having dinner at Hometown Steamboat with Poh Yee and Cheng.

Overall, the food was so far so good. The ingredients were fresh and succulent. I love their soups best, both tomyam and broth. They do serve in porridge as well.

We ordered only a 2 persons portion plus a jug of sea coconut drink. Unbelievably, we left with a full tummy. Was it the food or our small appetite that matters? Haha. I seriously have no idea. Try it yourself. Highly recommended for steamboat lovers as an alternative to Restoran Talipon though Hometown may be a little more costly.

Poh Yee paid for the bill. RM42 in total. Her first treat since started working. Thanks for the meal, my roommate! Simply delicious...

P/S: Did anyone realise my hair colour is no longer copper brown?

4 comments:

Jon on October 11, 2009 at 7:32 PM said...

Dr Amy is your lecturer?

How you all found out birthday? thats so thoughtful

Laura 梁媚霜 on October 11, 2009 at 8:29 PM said...

Yes, she is. Don't tell me she's oso ur lecturer? OMG... What subject does she teach u? Nothing is a secret in FB. Muahahaha...

Jon on October 12, 2009 at 11:07 AM said...

no, she is not my lecturer.

it is just tat I never got close enough to a lecturer to get their fb lol! and was surprised

Laura 梁媚霜 on October 12, 2009 at 8:02 PM said...

LOL... I thought u know her. Well, I hv a few lecturers added me in FB. For one reason, I'm a course committee. 2nd reason, it's their way to monitor us. Haha. No need to b so surprised. 2AFA is big, but nothing can b secret for long. Thanks to FB.

Post a Comment

About Me

Born with a heart of sincerity & warmth. Could be merely unbearable at times.

Day & Night

Heart Talk

Followers

Search

 

Enchanted Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada