August 21, 2010

Hectic New Job


Nearly 2 months since I started working with HDPM. What HDPM stands for? Go find it out. It's inconvenient for me to reveal the full name here. Prohibited!

Anyway, I find myself slowly adapting to the company's environment, culture, policies and procedures. It's really different compared to the audit firm I worked with during practical training. Security and confidentiality are top priority. Not used to follow so many tight rules and regulations. Very tiring at times. But as the proverb says, "When you are in Rome, do like what the Romans do". Fortunately, the managers and fellow colleagues are friendly and helpful. Glad to know them all.

My department consists of more than 130 staff, divided into 3 major categories and 8 operating teams. Seems like I've gone back to my school days where the Chinese is the minority. I speak in Malay and English since I joined this organisation. There are only 8 other Chinese staff who I'm still not close with. Pathetic eh? Not a bad factor though.

There's so much to learn. You just can't claim yourself as an expert even after many years of working experience. Changes to policies and procedures happen everyday. Cascades will be delivered to the mail box. It's our own responsibility to get ourselves updated. Well, one of the disadvantages working in the banking line. Oppsss... Looks like I've drop you guys a hint.

*wink wink*

Did I ever mention bout my abnormal working hours? Mine is from 3pm to 12am. Wondering why? I'm serving UK clients. I gotta follow UK working hours and I gotta brush up my English. Duh! One thing I like bout it, I fear of no massive jam and I can speed on the road.

Staff is not allowed to bring in any electronic device into the processing floor. So, I wasn't able to take photos as I wish to. Participated in a number of activities in these 2 months - Inductions, Birthday Bash, Netball. Too bad, the photos taken by the Human Resource team are kept inside the internal drive. No one can possess them in private.

Will post the few photos I've taken recently. Hope there are more to come soon...

3rd Day Induction for KLC & Cyberjaya staff

Buka puasa in Nando's

Our dinner

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Born with a heart of sincerity & warmth. Could be merely unbearable at times.

Day & Night

Heart Talk

Followers

Search

 

Enchanted Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada