February 18, 2010

Tragedy


When everybody was happily looking forward to celebrate CNY, my family on the other hand was left in sorrow. I remember how shocking I was the minute I received the call from mum last Tuesday night. Rushed back to hometown the next day to settle grandpa's funeral. This is the first time I faced such a situation. Go through the pain due to the sudden passing of my close family member.

May grandpa rest in peace at his "new home"...

Feeling really weird not being able to celebrate CNY as normal for the very first time in my life. Was prohibited from sending wishes, getting ang pows, going for house visits and wearing red attire during the 15 days period. But we are allowed to have small family gatherings.

So, we had a belated reunion lunch at Ocean Village Restaurant in Nilai on the second day of CNY.

CNY 2010

Prefer last year's family portrait when grandpa was still around. Happy Family!

CNY 2009

I spent my third day of CNY with my secondary school friends at Pizza Hut. It's been three years since I last met them. Used to work part time during CNY to earn a triple pay. But this year is exceptional.

FAMILY & FRIENDS first...

*wink wink*

(Guys from left): Tian Seng, Tzu Ming, Chee Leong & Kok Yew
(Girls from left): Me, Ai Li, Siew Mei & Sook Hui

Really miss each and every one of them. My beloved hometown gang. Most of us look so different nowadays. Possibly due to our hairstyle and dressing up. Thought of uploading some old photos here to compare us before and after. But the old photos are in hardcopies and I don't have a scanner. Too bad... Some other time then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Born with a heart of sincerity & warmth. Could be merely unbearable at times.

Day & Night

Heart Talk

Followers

Search

 

Enchanted Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada